Definition of common terms in BCI
1. Good cotton definition: Cotton produced by BCI cotton farmers that are produced and licensed according to a good cotton standard system or a recognized equivalent standard.
Note 1: At the level of cotton fields and ginning mills, good cotton must be stacked and processed separately from ordinary cotton (the ginning factory produces 100% good cotton lint bales).
Note 2: For more detailed information on recognized equivalent standards, please visit the BCI website.
Note 3: ‘Good cotton’ refers to the production method (ie, the producer must meet all relevant core indicators in the Good Cotton Principles and Standards); it does not refer to the specifications or quality parameters of the cotton itself.
Good cotton product definition: (supply chain after the ginning plant) At the time of purchase or sale, the buyer and the seller have obtained or distributed a good cotton declaration unit (BCCUs quota) through the Good Cotton Platform (BCP) or the Sales Volume Declaration (ODF). All cotton or cotton products.
Note 1: For example, if a BCI spinning mill member inputs the detailed information of the sales yarn to the BCP platform when the yarn is sold, and the corresponding BCCUs quota is allocated to the buyer, then the batch of yarn is regarded as good. Cotton products.
Note 2: In the supply chain of the inbound and outbound balanced supply chain model used after the ginning plant, the 'good cotton product' may also be a product that does not contain any physical good cotton from licensed BCI farmers.
Annual Authorized Production (AAV) Code Definition: The AAV code is a unique number generated by BCI for a licensed good cotton producer (large farm or producer unit), corresponding to the authorized total yield of a good cotton seed cotton for a good cotton producer during the harvest season. . The AAV code allows the ginner to enter information such as the quantity purchased on the Good Cotton Platform (BCP) after purchasing a good cotton seed cotton from a licensed BCI cotton farmer, and the quantity will be allocated back to the corresponding producer when the purchase transaction is cancelled.
Good Cotton Platform (BCP) Definition: An online platform for BCI to record the transfer and transfer of BCCUs related to the purchase and sale of good cotton orders.
BCP is an online platform for registered trademarks that is used only by BCI and supply chain companies with BCP accounts when purchasing or selling cotton products as good cotton orders. The platform allows suppliers and manufacturers to report to customers how much weight of lint actually consumed as a cotton product sold as a good cotton order, and how much weight of good cotton lint is purchased.
Site definition: A geographical location (within a clear boundary) produced by a supplier or manufacturer.
General trader definition: A company that simply engages in the sale of textiles (excluding lint) and does not further process or convert materials.
Garment Purchasing Intermediary Definition: A company that purchases finished products from finished product manufacturers and sells them to retail brands.
Supplier/Manufacturer is a company that buys or sells or manufactures semi-finished or finished products other than ginning mills, cotton merchants, retailers or brands.
Good cotton declaration unit definition: a designated unit, 1 BCCU corresponds to 1 kg of good cotton lint. When a BCI cotton merchant or spinning mill member purchases 1 kg of good cotton lint from a BCI cooperating ginning factory that processes cotton seed cotton, it will get 1BCCU.
After the ginning process, any product purchased or sold as a good cotton order must be transferred to the appropriate number of BCCUs (from supplier to customer) via the Good Cotton Platform (BCP). The allocation of BCCUs allows supply chain companies to count the number of BCCUs they purchase as good cotton raw materials because they order good cotton products.
Note 1: BCCUs cannot be purchased or sold separately. BCCUs can only be transferred in BCP if there is an actual cotton product order business between the buyer and the seller and purchased or sold as a good cotton order. Note 2: Once supply chain companies (any type of supplier and manufacturer other than ginning plants) receive BCCUs, BCCUs will not expire. BCCUs have no source or time distinction and do not say that these BCCUs belong to a particular cotton harvest season or natural year.
Good Cotton Supply Chain Regulatory Definition: Relevant to the circulation of good cotton products in the supply chain, time-recorded documents, written records and electronic evidence to ensure that BCI retail brand members declare no more BCCUs than licensed BCI farmers during certain periods The amount of good cotton produced (taking into account the relevant production rate).
Ordinary cotton definition: refers to all cotton that is not produced by licensed BCI farmers in accordance with good cotton principles and standards.
Note 1: The Good Cotton Supply Chain Regulatory Principles require good cotton to be stacked separately from ordinary cotton during transport in cotton fields, from cotton fields to ginning mills, and during storage and processing at ginning mills.
Note 2: According to the definition of Good Cotton Supply Chain Regulatory Principles, ‘Ordinary Cotton’ also includes organic cotton or other cotton certified for sustainability standards.
Cotton trader definition: An organization that legally and/or actually possesses lint but does not undergo any conversion (such as processing and production). In the process of transportation between different companies (such as suppliers, cotton merchants, processing plants), lint may also cross national borders.
Ginning plant definition: A company that buys seed cotton, embosses it, and sells lint bales. The finished product of the Zhahua factory is as shown below:
Zhahua factory work pictures
Inbound and Outbound Balanced Supply Chain Regulatory Model Definition: A supply chain supervision model based on total quantity balance, allowing certified and uncertified products to be mixed into the warehouse, as long as the total amount is controlled and the certified total outbound capacity does not exceed the inbound Total amount (considering the production rate) 5 . The good cotton supply chain adopts the inbound and outbound balance model for the good cotton order business of the supply chain enterprises after the ginning factory. This allows suppliers and manufacturers to mix the same amount of regular cotton and good cotton, as long as the quantity is controlled and the total amount of cotton in the product sold on a good cotton quota is less than or equal to the purchase amount (considering the production rate). In addition, all purchases and sales of good cotton products must be recorded on a good cotton platform (assigning the corresponding number of BCCUs).
Note 1: According to the Good Cotton CoC Principles, cotton traders can only mix ordinary and good cotton from the same country of origin.
Intermediary definition: An individual or business that buys seed cotton from cotton farmers and sells them to the ginning plant.
Note: Intermediaries can be independent, or they can be working representatives of cotton farmers, producer units or ginning mills.
Definition of the scope of supervision and implementation of the supply chain balance supply chain: refers to the range in which good cotton can be replaced by ordinary cotton. Replacement with the same country (country-wide): ordinary cotton and good cotton from the same country of origin can be replaced. Replacement of the same place (within the scope of the site): As long as it is processed by the same processing plant of the supplier/manufacturer, it can be replaced from any origin.
Physical Separation Supply Chain Regulatory Model Definition: This supply chain supervision model requires physical separation and processing of certified and uncertified warehousing products, and does not allow for the mixing or replacement of certified and uncertified warehousing products. Under the principle of good cotton supply chain regulation, it is required to follow the physical separation supervision mode from cotton farmers to ginning factories—that is, good cotton from licensed BCI farmers must be separated from ordinary cotton for harvesting, storage, transportation and ginning, and It cannot be mixed or replaced with ordinary cotton in any process.
- What are the requirements to use GRS tags?
- Document list for BEPI CMA
- What BEPI does not offer?
- What BEPI Offers?
- Why BEPI Exists?
- What is BEPI?
- What are onsite requirements of the BSCI factory audit?
- What should I do with the security section of BSCI certification?
- The list of BSCI audit documents
- BSCI audit working hours self-checklist
- How long could we get the result of a BSCI audit?
- How should I apply for a BSCI audit? Can I apply the BSCI certification on my own?
- What are the characteristics of employees who are selected in interviews with BSCI audit?
- The facility hardware improvement list of BSCI social responsibility factory audit
- What are the two major hazards of GRS occupational health and safety?
- What is the validity of the BSCI audit rating level?
- What should the factory prepare for the factory on the day of the BSCI audit?
- What are the difference between BSCI audit and SEDEX audit?
- FCCA Audit Outline
- Required documents for FCCA factory production capacity assessment inspection
- FCCA Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the important concerns of the FCCA quality audit?
- What is the Higg Index's scoring system?
- Higg Index audit checklist
- How does the ICS audit avoid duplicate audits?
- What are the zero tolerance issues for ICS certification?
- BCI retail brands
- What is the biggest difference between good cotton and organic cotton?
- Definition of common terms in BCI
- What are the critical problems of the Home Depot audit?
- What are the frequently asked questions of the Home Depot audit?
- What is the Home Depot ES Factory Standard?
- What are the rating results of the Home Depot quality audit?
- Ten “must”, four “not accepted” and one “not allowed” requirements in Inditex social responsibility
- How many results does the Inditex audit have?
- What is the focus of Inditex(Zara) audit?
- What is the good cotton supply chain supervision model?
- What is the goal of Higg Index?
- What are the obvious characteristics of Higg Index, FEM, SLCP?
- What is ICS?
- The Home Depot ethics standard
- Inditex (Zara) factory audit checklist
- What is the procedure of Inditex factory audit?
- What is Inditex?
- What is BCI?
- What is Higg Index?
- What are the common requirements of the FCCA quality audit?
- The Home Depot Audit File List
- What is FCCA?
- Adidas Audit Checklist
- List of OCS audit documents
- What is the List of RCS audit documents?
- List of RDS audit documents
- List of RWS audit documents
- List of Decathlon Factory audit documents (COC audit)
- GOTS Audit Checklist
- WCA Audit Document Checklist-Business Practice
- What are the main personnel involved in the COSTCO audit?
- How long does the COSTCO audit process take and what is the number of auditors?
- Costco Factory Audit Document List (Checklist)
- What is the process of COSTCO audit?
- Disney Audit Procedures and Documents List (Checklist)
- Starbucks Audit Checklist
- Target Audit Document Checklist
- What is TC（Transaction Certificate）and how can we get it?
- What is the GRS certification requirements?
- Who are the qualified certification authorities of the GRS certification?
- BSCI Requested Document List / BSCI Audit Checklist
- Why GRS is flourishing?
- What is the FSC-COC audit checklist?
- GRS audit checklist
- The basic knowledge of GRS certification
- What are the main parts of GRS certification?
- GRS certification standard terminology
- What is the GRS/RCS certification application process?
- The general principles of GRS certification
- The guidelines on the use of label grades and signs of GRS certification
- The social responsibility guidelines of GRS certification
- The environmental guidelines of GRS certification
- The traceability guidelines of GRS certification
- What are the five guidelines for GRS certification?
- These brands will be more interested in GRS-certified suppliers in the future.
- What if the company wants to implement the audit as soon as possible in accordance with the SA8000 n
- When will the SA8000 new policy start?
- The frequency of SA8000 certification audit is reduced from once every 6 months to once a year.
- What are the characteristics and advantages of SLCP?
- Why does SLCP have its own IT platform and need to use another third-party IT platform?
- What is SLCP certification audit?
- Why should you take a Decathlon audit?
- Under what circumstances, Target will incur a fine？
- Under what circumstances does Target deactivate the factory?
- How does RWS certification work?
- What is the goal of RWS certification?
- What is the OCS?
- What is BSCI audit?
- The Decathlon Factory Audit Process
- The checklist of Decathlon factory audit
- What are the key points of the Decathlon audit?
- What are the benefits of passing the Decathlon factory audit?
- What if the factory has never been in contact with the Adidas audit?
- The content of Target anti-terrorism audit
- What is the procedure of Target audit?
- GRS certification, how much do you know?
- Precautions for Primark audit (1)
- Precautions for Primark audit (2)
- Primark factory common non-conformities
- Primark factory audit checklist
- How is the dispute at Starbucks factory handled?
- What are the common questions of Starbucks factory audit?
- What is WCA certification?
- Higg Index is coming in a hurry
- STeP Sustainable Textile Production Certification Standard
- Explanation of some terms in RDS certification
- What is the scope and purpose of RDS certification?
- How is the cost of FSC certification generated?
- Some obvious purposes of FSC certification
- What are steps for a customer to take to get FSC certified?
- What are the main benefits of FSC certification?
- What are the common problems with SCS certification?
- What are the key points or precautions for SCS certification?
- What are the social responsibilities of SCS certification?
- The audit procedure of FSC certification
- Principles and standards for FSC certification
- What is the Responsible Down Standard (RDS)？
- WRAP Certification Questions and Answers
- Understand BSCI and understand the BSCI monitoring system
- What are the benefits of passing the COSTCO audit?
- Global Organic Textile Standard Certification - GOTS Certification
- Ten principles of FSC certification
- Learn about Global Organic Textile Standard
- Congratulations to the following companies for passing the various audits with the help of TRANWIN c
- Congratulations on Ningbo xxx Lining Manufacturing Co., Ltd. successfully passing the GRS certifica
- How FSC certification can help companies cope with EU timber regulations
- Why does BSCI audit depend on the value of the company?
- Prohibition of forced and compulsory labor on the Target audit list
- Target audit list - child labor management, wages
- Target audit checklist - health and safety
- Primark Quality Inspection - Tool, Metal Management and Metal Check Policy
- What are the environmental protection requirements of the Starbucks supplier's social responsibility
- What is Zero Tolerance Standard of the Starbucks Factory
- What is Starbucks' expectations for suppliers?
- What are the key points for WCA audit?
- What are the problems often encountered when the factory is WCA certificated?
- What are the requirements for the follow-up audit of the Disney factory?
- Take three passes and easily pass the Disney audit
- Who will carry out Disney factory audit?
- The latest questions and answers for COSTCO audits
- Code of Conduct of Costco
- WalMart's key target of surprise audits - Green Light Factories
- What are the differences between SCS certification and GSV certification?
- What is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification?
- The value of MADE IN GREEN certification by OEKO-TEX
- How to distinguish between OCS and GOTS?
- What are the differences between RCS certification and GRS certification?
- Congratulations! Wuxi Yixing ××× Co., Ltd. successfully passed the GOTS factory audit
- What contribution has the FSC certification made to us over the years?
- TRANWIN assisted Fujian Jinjiang well-known shoe enterprises to successfully pass the GRS certificat
- Four standard features of organic textile standard GOTS certification
- How are SEDEX certified members classified?
- Why should you have you SEDEX audited? What are the benefits of SEDEX certification?
- The content of SEDEX on-site factory inspection?
- Smoke detector in fire safety
- China has become the most important purchasing country for BSCI certified members.
- WRAP certification - the most cost-effective certification
- What is FSC?
- The world's first company to achieve global recycled standard GRS certification
- Why are companies doing WRAP certification in full swing?
- How to obtain FSC certification？
- How to pass the OCS audit and what is the OCS?
- Common questions about SEDEX audit
- What is the scoring standard for WCA audit results?
- What is the procedure of STeP certification?
- What is the significance of SCS certification?
- What is the RDS certification review list?
- RWS - a measurement tool.
- What is RWS certification?
- What is the process of RWS certification?
- The RWS certification procedure for individual farms
- What are the requirements for the WRAP certification site audit?
- Frequently Asked Questions about WRAP Certification
- The official application procedure of WRAP certification
- What are the levels of WRAP certification?
- What is the goal of the WRAP Certification Program?
- What are the differences between RCS certification and GRS certification?
- What is the RCS Certification?
- What is are the common inconsistency and reasons of Target audit?
- What is the most basic knowledge of Target factory audit?
- Decathlon audit expands quickly in China
- What are red, yellow and green lights at Decathlon audit?
- The trend analysis of Primark factory audit
- What is Primark factory audit?
- Primark audit process
- How does the Starbucks factory audit rate?
- Adidas audit document list
- Primark's subcontractors need to be audited
- What are the most common problem points of Target quality factory audit?
- How is the work of RDS certification done?
- What is WRAP certification?
- What is procedure of RCS certification?
- The development of Decathlon
- Adidas announces the full use of recycled polyester fiber in 2024!
- Adidas employment standards
- WCA audit requirements
- A big step for Wal-Mart? Walmart accepts SEDEX, BSCI, ICTI, WRAP, EICC, SA8000, BAP, Better Work
- The Walmart Walmart Social Responsibility Audit Policy has the latest important notice!
- What are the regulations for chemical leaks and machine protection devices at Wal-Mart SCS Audit?
- Wal-Mart Anti-Terrorism Factory Audit -Ten major issues of SCS certification.
- Frequently asked question during employee interview of Disney factory audit
- Disney supplier manual
- Necessary conditions for pass Starbucks factory audit - Meet zero tolerance zero tolerance standard
- What is Starbucks factory audit?
- Disney's factory audit procedure
- Disney auditing standards updated from June 2016
- What is the Costco audit?
- What is the latest approval criteria for the COSTCO GMP audit?
- Reasons for failing to pass the C0STCO quality audit
- A collection of important problems at Costco audits
- SCS Certification - What is the Kingfisher Logo?
- A pioneer from OEKO-TEX certifications——OEKO-TEX Standard100
- The application of FSC certification in the printing industry
- What are the on-site documents of FSC certification?
- What are the benefits of FSC certification?
- What are the principles of the GRS certification?
- What is the GRS certification?
- Companies that want to consult the GRS certification can stop and look at it.
- Do you know what are the benefits of passing GRS certification?
- How much do you know about GRS? What is the result of GRS certification?
- What documents do you need to prepare for an OCS factory audit?
- For an organic cotton certification, should you choose OCS certification or GOTS certification?
- About OCS and CCS
- How many points do you need to pass the WCA audit?
- Steps of a BSCI certification
- Q&A about MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX certification
- What preparations do the factory need to make when conducting a SEDEX audit (2)
- What preparations do the factory need to make when conducting a SEDEX audit (1)
- What is the SEDEX certification application process?
- 10 characteristics of organic cotton GOTS certification
- What GOTS certification institutions are there at home and abroad?
- GOTS-Global Organic Textile Standard
- How is the BSCI certification fee calculated?
- Congratulations to Xiamen *** Children's Products Co., Ltd. successfully passed the quality audit
- How do companies face the challenges of SA8000?
- Why do you need SA8000 certification?
- What are challenges and countermeasures of enterprises after the emergence of SA8000 certification?
- Conditions and characteristics of applying for SA8000 certification
- Why should enterprises implement SA8000 social responsibility standards?
- The social responsibility requirements related to GOTS certification
- BSCI's attitude towards wages
- The initial social responsibility BSCI certification audit
- BSCI certification introduction meeting
- What is the purpose of developing the SA8000 standard?
- What should I pay attention to while being SA8000 audit certificated?
- Contact Us
- Which products in life can use OEKO-TEX certification?
- What are the benefits of pass STeP by OEKO-TEX certification?
- Congratulations to Haimen ××x Clothing Co., Ltd. for passing the audit
- Congratulations to Zhejiang XX Socks Co., Ltd. for passing the TESCO audit
- Congratulations on Guangzhou XX Handbag Product Factory successfully passed the L'Oreal factory audi
- Organic cotton certification is required to pass the GOTS audit
- Cooperation Procedure
- About Us
- Congratulations to Shenzhen XX Trading Company for successfully passing the SEDEX audit
- 电话列表页面 ***注意勿删***
- Why should you conduct a Disney audit?
- What are the reasonable suggestions for the development of FSC certification in China?
- How to apply for GOTS certification?
- Organic content standard - OCS certification
- What are the precautions for compiling SA8000 certification system documentation?
- Members of SA8000 organization
- What is WalMart factory audit?
- What is the SEDEX certification?
SHANGHAI TRANWIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTING CO.,LTD.
CONTACT: Mr. David Lee
ADD: No. 655 Yinxiang Road, Nanxiang Town, Jiading District, Shanghai